Roof Inspectors Spot Deficiencies that Will Lead to Problems
Northern Californian homeowners require roof inspections for various purposes, mainly to determine the condition and life expectancy. Since a roof does more than protect your home from the elements, you should hire an expert inspector to evaluate the state of the roof covering.
What does an inspector look for during a Roof Inspection in the Bay Area and Northern California:
- Blistered, cracked, curled or missing shingles or tiles
- Exposed nails, which can cause leaks
- Dark patches on asphalt shingles, which indicate loss of granular coating
- Sagging along the roof line and the middle of the roof
- Missing or worn shingles where ridges and hips meet
- Missing or worn shingles in roof valleys
- Rusted or missing flashing around chimneys and other areas
- Brittle or missing caulking
- Worn or missing rubber boots around vent pipes
- Moss or lichen growth, which can indicate a leak
- Broken, bent or non-working gutters and downspouts.
HomeGuard Incorporated Roof Inspections
HomeGuard Incorporated provides expert Northern California roof inspections which can identify and solve problems with your home’s roof.