Home Inspectors Know – Cleaning Your Home Helps to Maintain It
Keeping your home clean is beneficial in an abundance of ways. A tidy and clean abode improves the quality of time you spend in it. Also, if you plan to sell your home, it is imperative that you keep it in good shape. Practice maintenance once a week; this will help you when the time comes for your home inspection, so the results won’t surprise you.
If you neglect to clean your home as often as you should, you could soon find yourself with a big mess that feels out of control. Once this happens, cleaning can be a big job that feels overwhelming. The solution is to perform small cleaning tasks every day. By doing this, you will feel a sense of accomplishment, and you can easily keep your home in top condition.
Here Are 10 Cleaning Tasks That You Can Do Quickly:
- Put everything in it’s rightful place. Clearing up floors and tables make your home feel more spacious and comfortable. You might be surprised how much space you have in your home when clothes, shoes, toys, cords, and more are neatly tucked away for future use.
- Get rid of old magazines and catalogs. If you haven’t looked at them in six months, just donate them. You can give them to a thrift store or drop some off at your healthcare offices.
- Use a lint roller to do some quick dusting. Roll this item over lamps and furniture for an instant improvement of your space.
- Eliminate pet hair with rubber gloves. Don some gloves and wipe them over as many surfaces as you can. They will attract pet hair to them, which you can then
- Remember to get the baseboards. It may be easy to forget about these, but dirty baseboards can give a room a dingy appearance. Use a slightly damp cloth to clean these with ease.
- Make use of baking soda as an inexpensive and natural cleaning product. By sprinkling it onto your carpet, you can create a carpet refresher that doesn’t contain toxic chemicals. Leave it on the carpet for at least 10 minutes, then vacuum.
- Consider your dishwasher to be a multi-purpose machine. You don’t have to limit this appliance to cleaning only dishes. Try loading it with items such as soap dishes, bath accessories, and toys. You can effectively sanitize them without much effort at all.
- Give your garbage disposal a makeover with lemon peels. Drop a few citrus fruit rinds into the running disposal and it should smell sweet in no time.
- Clean upward by dusting your ceiling fans. You can put an old, clean sock on your hand and wipe the blades on a ceiling fan in less than five minutes.
- Remember your devices. Electronic items can get dusty, and cell phones may harbor an astonishing amount of bacteria. Use electronic cleaning wipes to clean the electronic devices in your home.
Northern California Home Inspections in Sacramento, Central Valley and the Entire Bay Area
Just by cleaning a few minutes each day, you will help prepare your home for inspections and keep the repairs a bay. HomeGuard offers termite inspections, home inspections, roof inspections and NHD reports! Call HomeGuard 855-331-1900, or order an inspection online.