Is Your Inspector Certified for Home Inspections in Alhambra?
When hiring a company to provide home inspections in Alhambra, you want to feel confident with the education and experience of the inspector sent to your home. HomeGuard requires all our inspectors to complete a comprehensive home inspection training program and receive certification from the American Society of Home Inspectors and the California Association of Realtors. This blog presents information about each of these certification programs.
The American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Certification Program
The purpose of obtaining certification through ASHI is to promote excellence within the profession through the continuous improvement of inspectors. People buying a home rely on inspectors to alert them to any potential problems that could impact their decision to move forward with the sale. Everyone who applies to take the ASHI certification program must meet the following standards:
- Agree to abide by the ASHI Code of Ethics and Standard of Practice
- Submit several home inspection reports for vetting by ASHI to ensure they meet the organization’s Standard of Practice
- Submit proof of at least 250 home inspections that meet or exceed the Standard of Practice set by ASHI
- Receive a passing score on the National Home Inspector Exam
The California Association of Realtors (CAR) Certification Program
C.A.R. created a statewide vetting system to ensure the highest quality of work in the home inspection industry. To meet C.A.R. standards, home inspectors must agree to and pass a background check, prove a minimum level of education, and provide a minimum level of liability insurance.The organization states that finding home inspectors that maintain liability insurance and are highly educated and trained is necessary to assure the public that they have a qualified home inspector.
Here are the steps involved in receiving a C.A.R. certification:
- Completed civil and criminal background checks
- Submit proof of liability insurance, errors and omissions insurance (minimum requirement of $100,000 policy)
- Participants in this program will have met certain levels of training and education from a State or National trade Association such as CREIA and ASHI or provide proof of 120 hours of completed education from a reputable home inspection education service.
Passing applicants receive a Certified Home Inspector Badge and inclusion in C.A.R.’s directory.
Home Inspections, Roof Inspections, and Termite Inspections in Alhambra
HomeGuard provides roof inspections in Alhambra, termite inspections in Alhambra, home inspections, sewer lateral inspections, and pool inspections. You can rely on HomeGuard for all of your inspection needs. Contact us today to schedule one of our highly trained inspectors.