Termites and the damage they cause are no joking matter. Termites cause significant home and structural damage each year in the U. S.—about $5 billion according to the National Pest Management Association. Termites chew their way through wood in houses, boats, decks, trees and more, working their silent destruction. And the approaching spring and summertime with wet conditions and warmer temperatures is prime time for termites to thrive. It’s time for termite inspections in Irvine.
Termite Inspectors – What are the Different Types of Termites and how are They Identified?
There are four primary types of termites:
- Subterranean termites. This is the most common type found in North America and the most destructive as well. They live in large underground colonies or in moist secluded areas above ground. They build “mud tubes” to protect themselves from open air and to gain access to wood food sources.
- Formosan termites. This is the most aggressive type of termite. They gather in huge underground colonies and work to build large and intricate mud nests inside the walls of a structure.
- Dampwood termites. This type infests wood containing a high moisture content.
- Drywood termites. This type goes after dry wood and does not require contact with the soil. They often establish nests in roof materials and in wooden wall supports.
Services providing home inspections Anaheim and roof inspections Anaheim will know how to identify these malicious insects, where they reside and how to eradicate and control them.
Signs of termite damage include:
- Termite mud shelter tubes on the exterior of a home.
- Blowholes in tree root crowns and trunks. Tree nests in the hollow center of tree roots or trunks.
- Earthen mud-like packing on foundation walls and at joints.
- Evidence of wood excavation—piles of sawdust-like droppings.
- Softness, weakness or sagging of floors. Evidence of digging on window frames.
- Darkening, blistering or degradation evidence on wood structures.
- Small piles of discarded termite wings.
What are the Issues Caused by Termites?
- Severe damage to any wood structures such as walls, floors and window frames.
- Termite frass (or poop) on human contact can cause dermatitis and allergic reactions.
- Decomposing wooden structures invites the presence of dangerous mold and mold spores.
Termite inspections Southern California can detect and correct the problems emerging the attacks of hungry termites.
Why it’s Important to Inspect for Termites
- Termites are not easily detected, so it is wise to get expert help.
- Gain security and peace of mind by preventing or mitigating serious problems.
- Get rid of them before major damage and expense are caused.
Services providing home inspections Anaheim and roof inspections Anaheim will identify the hidden and vulnerable areas needing protection.
HomeGuard Incorporated – Home, Roof, and Termite Inspections in Southern California
Contact the experts at HomeGuard Incorporated, serving California from the greater Sacramento area to the San Diego area. We perform over 70,000 termite, home, and roof inspections in California each year. Professional experience ready to serve you.