Sewer Lateral Inspection
Home Guard offers Sewer Lateral Inspections in our Southern California market when ordered in conjunction with a home inspection.
Why is it important to have your sewer lateral pipe inspected?
A sewer lateral is the underground pipe that connects a residence to the municipal sewer line. Generally, it is at least 4 inches in diameter. Some local governments consider the entire sewer lateral pipe to be the responsibility of the homeowner, while other local governments take responsibility at the property line. A number of things can compromise a sewer lateral, for example, foreign substances or objects can create a clog over time and ageing sewer lateral pipes will corrode and crack, leaving it vulnerable to invading tree roots. All of these failures will result to sewage seeping into the adjacent soil.
General service guidelines:
- The Sewer Lateral Inspection price is $195.00.
- The Sewer Lateral Inspection is performed in conjunction with a home inspection.
- The Home Inspector performs the Sewer Lateral Inspection.
- HomeGuard will perform a Sewer Lateral Inspection on single family homes, multi-family and duets (HomeGuard is unable to perform a sewer lateral inspection on a condo or townhome).
- A detached guest house will be an additional charge of $100.00 for the additional Sewer Lateral Inspection.
- The Sewer Lateral Inspection will take approximately 30 minutes.
- The findings will be included in the home inspection report with photographs of sample highlighted deficiencies.
- A video of the HomeGuard Sewer Lateral Inspection is available on YouTube for up to 90 days, after the date of the inspection.
- An acceptable sewer cleanout must be accessible at the time of the inspection.
- HomeGuard is unable to install a cleanout or gain access from a toilet or a roof vent.
- Within 90 days of the original home inspection, HomeGuard will come back to perform the Sewer Lateral Inspection.